- http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX : Wiki Books introduction to LaTeX.
- One great easy way to try out LaTeX pointed out to me by Prof. John Johnson is: http://docs.latexlab.org/
It's basically a LaTeX implementation for google docs and works fully online without you having to install anything on your machine.
- Information on how to install LaTeX on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Information about how to deal with the bibliography/references.
- More tutorials: here, here, and here.
- More reference / deeper intro material: here
It contains the latex file mypaper.tex, the bibtex bibliography file mypaper.bib and an image that will be included in the document.
The first thing you should to is to use a text editor to look at the .tex and the .bib files!